The EDR-G902 is a high-performance, industrial VPN server with a firewall/NAT all-in-one secure router. It is designed for Ethernet-based security applications on critical remote control or monitoring networks, and it provides an Electronic Security Perimeter for the protection of critical cyber assets including pumping stations, DCS, PLC systems on oil rigs, and water treatment systems. The EDR-G902 Series includes the following cybersecurity features:
Virtual Private Network (VPN): VPNs are designed to provide users with secure communication links when accessing a private network from the public Internet. They use IPsec (IP Security) server or client mode for encryption and authentication of all IP packets at the network layer to ensure confidentiality and sender authentication.
Firewall: Controls network traffic between different trust zones. Network Address Translation (NAT), which shields the internal LAN from unauthorized activity from outside hosts.
The EDR-G902’s Quick Automation Profile function supports most common fieldbus protocols, including EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, FOUNDATION Fieldbus, Modbus TCP, and PROFINET. Users can easily create a secure Ethernet Fieldbus network from a user-friendly web UI with a single click. In addition, Moxa’s PacketGuard technology (Deep Packet Inspection) helps to filter Modbus TCP commands at OSI layer 7. The wide-temperature range models that are available operate reliably in hazardous, -40 to 75°C environments.
Features and Benefits
- Firewall/NAT/VPN/Router all-in-one
- Secure remote access tunnel with VPN
- Stateful firewall protects critical assets
- Inspect industrial protocols with PacketGuard technology
- Easy network setup with Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Dual WAN redundant interfaces through public networks
- Support for VLANs in different interfaces
- -40 to 75°C operating temperature range (-T model)
- Security features based on IEC 62443/NERC CIP