Remote access removes boundaries, eliminates the need for time consuming site visits and provides a network infrastructure suitable for today’s ”always on” society. The MRD-405 uses the Internet to cost effectively inter-connect systems, allowing HMI, PLCs, sensors etc to communicate with each other, a pre-requisite for any Industrial Internet (IIoT/ IoT) solution.
A compact case design with a power input range between 12 to 24 VDC make the unit well suited for industrial applications. Easy integration with other devices is achieved using the built-in two port Ethernet switch.
The stability of mobile connections can be affected by a variety of parameters and in order to ensure constant connectivity the MRD-series features the customer praised connection manager. The unit will monitor the cellular connection and, without human-interaction, solve most network related issues, preventing unnecessary power-cycle site visits.
The MRD-405 offers network protection from malicious eavesdroppers via encrypted communication tunnels (VPN), and features a simple, yet powerful, packet inspection firewall.
Requirements and needs vary between different types of M2M/IIoT applications. Sometimes all that is needed is a reliable gateway to the internet whereas other applications might have simpler devices that need to be securely connected to each other, or a server, via a VPN. Regardless of which type of remote access application you might have the MRD-405 can fulfill your communication needs. The unit works very well with any type of SIM card, such as static IP SIM, M2M SIM, or an off-the-shelf SIM.
Configuring the unit is very easy with the built-in web-interface, no need for special AT-commands or similar. The device can also provide both management and monitoring via SMS, for example an SMS could be sent to start a VPN.
Features and Benefits
Industrial remote access using the Internet
- Economic and environmental benefits
- Access SCADA systems, HMI and PLCs remotely
- Cellular 2G / 3G / 4G connections
Designed for industrial applications
- Compact casing for easy integration
- Power input range, 12 to 24 VDC
- Built-in two port Ethernet switch
Secure resilient Internet access
- The connection manager monitors and ensures constant connectivity
- Easy to use firewall prevents unauthorized access
- Encrypted and secure data transmission with VPN-tunnels
A wide variety of communication solutions
- Can act as a gateway to the internet
- Works very well with M2M type SIM cards
- Management via easy to use web-interface or SMS