Remote access removes boundaries, eliminates the need for time consuming site visits and provides a network infrastructure suitable for today’s ”always on”-society. The BRD-355 industrial ADSL/VDSL router uses the Internet to connect remote networks. Allowing IP enabled SCADA, HMI, PLCs, sensors or legacy serial devices etc. to communicate with each other, a prerequisite for any Industrial Internet (IIoT/IoT) solution.
The BRD-355 has a built-in two port Ethernet switch and an RS-232-port, for both new and legacy modem replacement. Designed to be installed on a DIN rail all connectors and LEDs have been positioned on the front of the unit, for easy access and fast status feedback.
The cybersecurity features of the BRD-355 prevent unauthorized access and secure the communication for Internet-enabled applications. The easy-to-use firewall filters incoming and outgoing traffic, allowing only approved packets to pass through. The BRD supports a variety of VPN technologies to ensure that data can be sent over public or private networks securely via SSL (OpenVPN) or IPsec. The BRD-355 is fully integrated with the easy to use, Westermo WeConnect high security remote access solution.
Upgrading legacy serial or modem systems to IP-enabled, can prove both costly and time consuming. Therefore the BRD-355 includes a wide set of feature to allow the easy migration of the legacy serial/modem applications. The features include interpreting the ATD modem emulation, lease line over IP and multidrop application where a master is connected to multiple slave locations.
Features and Benefits
Industrial remote access using the Internet
- Fixed line broadband connection via ADSL or VDSL2
- Support for ADSL Annex J and VDSL2 vectoring
- Access SCADA systems, HMIs, sensors and PLCs remotely
Designed for industrial applications
- 35mm DIN-rail mounting
- Wide power input range, 10 to 60 VDC
- Wide operating temperature range (-25 to +70°C)
- High MTBF MIL-217F 955.000 hours
Secured resilient Internet access
- Cybersecurity toolbox including firewall, DoS prevention
- Full integration with WeConnect Remote access solution
Legacy Serial to IP support
- Replacement for analogue leased lines modems
- Serial protocols to IP conversion