The Lynx 210 is a layer 3 industrial Ethernet switch, powered by the Westermo WeOS network operating system. Lynx is the most compact and has the lowest power requirements in this class of switch. Lynx has 8 10/100 Mbit/s ports in addition to 2 ports which can be fitted with Gbit or 100 Mbit SFP transceivers.
The Lynx is designed for simple use in industrial applications, from the robust DIN rail clip solution to the configurable fault contact and the industrial level dual power inputs.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives the Lynx an MTBF of 630,000 hours and ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range of -40 up to +74°C (-40 to +165°F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case. Lynx has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside
WeOS has been developed by Westermo to allow us to offer cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver unique IP security functionality for this class of product, for instance a Multiport DMZ can be constructed by utilising the internal port based firewall function. Remote secure access to a network can be provided using encrypted VPNs. For more WeOS functionality please see the WeOS datasheet.
Features and Benefits
Compact Industrial Ethernet switch design
- Flexible SFP transceiver design
- Advanced WeOS Layer 3 functionality
- Low power consumption
Designed for use in industrial applications
- Dual 9.8 – 60 VDC power input
- Highly configurable fault I/O contact
- Robust metal DIN rail housing
Robust for long service life
- 630,000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
- -40 up to +74°C (-40 to +165°F) with no moving parts
- Industrial EMC, shock and vibration testing
Unique future proof industrial networking solutions
- Simple web configuration with professional CLI
- Network IP Security and remote access
- Multiple network resilience solutions