Remote access removes boundaries, eliminates the need for time consuming site visits and provide a network infrastructure suitable for today’s “always-on” society.
The MRD-x55 industrial cellular router uses the Internet to cost effectively inter-connect systems, allowing HMI, PLCs, sensors etc to communicate with each other.
A compact design bundled with all interfaces and LEDs in the front make the unit extremely well suited for industrial applications. With isolation between the PSU and the Ethernet and serial ports the MRD-x55 protects against issues caused by ground loops and electrical surges.
The dual SIM support in the device ensures that site connectivity is not dependent on a single carrier, should something happen the unit just switches to the other SIM.
Devices connected to the Internet require countermeasures towards cyber threats. The MRD-x55 offers protection of transmissions from malicious eavesdroppers via encrypted communication tunnels (VPN), and features a simple, yet powerful, packet inspection firewall.
The MRD-x55 with its built-in serial port offers a simple modem replacement solution with the benefit of not having to reprogram
or change any other component.
Features and Benefits
Industrial remote access using the Internet
- Economic and environmental benefits
- Access SCADA systems, HMI and PLCs remotely
- Cellular 2G / 3G / 4G connections
Designed for industrial applications
- Compact casing for easy integration
- Power input range, 12 to 24 VDC
- Built-in two port Ethernet switch
Secure resilient Internet access
- The connection manager monitors and ensures constant connectivity
- Easy to use firewall prevents unauthorized access
- Encrypted and secure data transmission with VPN-tunnels
A wide variety of communication solutions
- Can act as a gateway to the internet
- Works very well with M2M type SIM cards
- Management via easy to use web-interface or SMS