The RedFox-5528 series is 19” high performance industrial L2 or L3 Ethernet switches. Developed with the needs of current and future industrial data network, combining outstanding performance, durability and reliability, these switches are ideal for handling big data and high bandwidth requirements typically found within transportation, manufacturing, energy, smart cities and other applications.
Various port configurations are available that can be further customised with SFP transceivers. The RedFox-5528 series is available with different DC or AC power supply solutions. The units are also equipped with configurable I/O fault contact that makes it ideal for easy installations and monitoring in industrial applications.
Only industrial grade components are used, which gives the RedFox-5528 series an MTBF of 643,000 hours (Telcordia) that ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range of -40 to +74°C (-40 to +165°F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case. The RedFox-5528 series has been tested both by Westermo and external test labs to meet many standards regarding EMC, isolation, vibration and shock, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside application.
The RedFox-5528 series is powered by WeOS, the Westermo network operating system. WeOS has been developed to allow offer cross platform and future-proof solutions. WeOS can deliver 20 ms ring recovery performance even for networks with video or EtherNet/IP traffic. For more WeOS functionality, please see the WeOS datasheet.
Features and Benefits
High performance and configurable
- 28 Gigabit ports including 16 SFP fibre ports
- Powerful CPU and switchcore
- Advanced WeOS L2 or L3 functionality
Designed for demanding Edge Network applications
- Various combinations of port count and power options
- Highly configurable fault I/O contact
- Ultra-robust IP40 19″ rack/wall mount housing
Robust and reliable for long service life
- 667.000 MTBF hours (Telcordia)
- -40 to +74 °C without ventilation holes
- Industrial and trackside type tested
Unique future proof industrial networking solutions
- Professional CLI and web configuration
- Design based on IEC 62443 demands
- Multiple network resilience solutions