The RFIR (RedFox Industrial Rack) is a high performance layer 2 industrial Ethernet switch designed for high network traffic applications. Various port configurations are available that can be further customised with SFP transceivers. RFIR is powered by the Westermo WeOS network operating system.
RFIR is designed for 19” cabinets according to ETSI standard making it suitable for use in control room networks as well as for cabinets installed along railway trackside installations. RFIR is designed to run efficiently from a AC power supply, the unit is also equipped with configurable I/O fault contact that make it ideal for easy installation and monitoring in industrial applications.
Only industrial grade components are used which gives RFIR an MTBF of 120 000 hours that ensures a long service life. A wide operating temperature range -40 to +55 °C (-40 to +131 °F) can be achieved with no moving parts or cooling holes in the case. RFIR has been tested both by Westermo and external test houses to meet many EMC, isolation, vibration and
shock standards, all to the highest levels suitable for heavy industrial environments and rail trackside application.
WeOS has been developed by Westermo to allow us to offer cross platform and future proof solutions. WeOS can deliver 20 ms ring recovery performance even for networks with video or EtherNet/IP traffic. For more WeOS functionality, please see the WeOS datasheet.
Features and Benefits
High performance and configurable
- 27 ports including 11 gigabit ports
- Powerful dual core CPU
- Advanced WeOS layer 2 functionality
Designed for demanding Edge Network applications
- Low power consumption AC power supply
- Highly configurable fault I/O contact
- Ultra-robust IP40 19” rack/wall-mount housing
Robust and reliable for long service life
- 120 000 hours MTBF to MIL-HDBK-217K
- -40 to +55 °C without ventilation holes
- Industrial and trackside type tested
Unique future proof industrial networking solutions
- Simple web configuration with professional CLI
- Multiple network resilience solutions
- Fast reconnect for multicast protocols